2 Day Workshop: IMAGINATION [Brain]
April 11 & 13, 2022
Instructor: Donn Angel Perez
Location: 7885 Jackson Road, Suite 1, Ann Arbor (inside Barikuda Gallery at trustArt Studios)
Donn is painter, mixed media artist, draftsman, educator, and more. He has a Master of Architecture from the University of Michigan and now works in the fine arts full time.
For more information see:
Day 1 - April 11
- Introduction to my best friend: The Cube.
- One, two, and three pint perspectives (through your point of view).
- Creating volumes and developing different styles of 3-dimensional visualization: Isometrics, Axonometrics, Shapes, Forms, and Styles, oh my!
Day 2 - April 13
- Animating 3-dimensional anything and everything.
- Transforming solids into desired shares, objects, anatomy, landscapes, fruits, architecture, furniture, people, tigers and lions but not bears.
- Working with color.
- Turning color pencils, graphite, markers, ink, acrylic into companions of great art composition.
- Project to be completed: Architecture and Nature Landscape Composition.
Material List and Tools:
Recommended: Bring what you have] / wait to purchase for after our first meeting)
• 8x12 Sketch journal (Must)
• Drawing paper (Pad) - 11"x17" Stratford 300 lb.
• Pencils: 2H, H, F, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B and most important: 8B (set or individuals)
• Charcoal and graphite stick (B and 4B)
• Pencil sharpener (best: small battery or electric)
• White Eraser
• Set of “prismacolor” pencils or professional brand + Illustration Marker (Set)
• Black ink technical pens - fine, medium and heavy points (set or individuals)
• Metal or plastic triangles 30/60, 45, straight and adjustable (look for sets)
• 18" metal straight edge (ruler) for drawing long strokes
• 18” white onion skin paper (tracing paper)
• Cleaning brush
• Drafting tape or drafting dots
• Masking tape (1” wide)
NOTE: Bring what you already have. I recommend you wait to purchase
until you/we know of art sales and get coupons (i.e. Michael’s/Blick).
I will bring some of my tools and materials so I can show you and speaks
of brands, use, etc. We can wait on 3D tools like x-acto, metal edges,
cutting board, etc. However, 3D models go tandem with all topics of
Visualization and important for the field drawing and visual arts.