2 Day Workshop: INSPIRATION [Learn to connect your Brain with your Hands]
April 4 & 6, 2022
Instructor: Donn Angel Perez
Donn is painter, mixed media artist, draftsman, educator, and more. He has a Master of Architecture from the University of Michigan and now works in the fine arts full time.
For more information see:
- Using drawing tools and materials through the 3D Cube.
- Studies of light and its effect when reaching volumes.
- Use and explore your tools by understanding the principles of design and composition, building and development of drawings as well as applying amazing techniques and languages to a final drawing composition.
- Introduction to drawing papers, surfaces, powder, creating textures, etc.
- You will learn the different styles of Hand Visualization including: Drafting, Drawing, Sketching, Illustration and Doodling in preparation to complete a project titled Abstract Graphite Composition.
Material List and Tools:
Recommended: Bring what you have] / wait to purchase for after our first meeting)
• 8x12 Sketch journal (Must)
• Drawing paper (Pad) - 11"x17" Stratford 300 lb.
• Pencils: 2H, H, F, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B and most important: 8B (set or individuals)
• Charcoal and graphite stick (B and 4B)
• Pencil sharpener (best: small battery or electric)
• White Eraser
• Set of “prismacolor” pencils or professional brand + Illustration Marker (Set)
• Black ink technical pens - fine, medium and heavy points (set or individuals)
• Metal or plastic triangles 30/60, 45, straight and adjustable (look for sets)
• 18" metal straight edge (ruler) for drawing long strokes
• 18” white onion skin paper (tracing paper)
• Cleaning brush
• Drafting tape or drafting dots
• Masking tape (1” wide)
NOTE: Bring what you already have. I recommend you wait to purchase
until you/we know of art sales and get coupons (i.e. Michael’s/Blick).
I will bring some of my tools and materials so I can show you and speaks
of brands, use, etc. We can wait on 3D tools like x-acto, metal edges,
cutting board, etc. However, 3D models go tandem with all topics of
Visualization and important for the field drawing and visual arts.