2 Day Workshop: EXPRESSION [Spirit]
June 20 & 22, 2022
Instructor: Donn Angel Perez
Location: 7885 Jackson Road, Suite 1 (inside Barikuda Gallery at trustArt Studios)
Day 1 - June 20, 9am-12pm
Connecting drawing history, a bit of theory and contemporary tendencies in hand visualization and visual art. Learn how to bring your story(s), skills and emotions into the preparation of visual your final work and gallery exhibition.
Day 2 - June 22, 9am-12pm
Preparation of all art works created: Varnishing, framing, etc.
Project: Large size final drawing/sketch/hybrid Composition
Fee is $70 for members and $85 for nonmembers.
Donn is painter, mixed media artist, draftsman, educator, and more. He has a Master of Architecture from the University of Michigan and now works in the fine arts full time.
For more information see:
Material List and Tools:
Recommended: Bring what you have] / wait to purchase for after our first meeting)
• 8x12 Sketch journal (Must)
• Drawing paper (Pad) - 11"x17" Stratford 300 lb.
• Pencils: 2H, H, F, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B and most important: 8B (set or individuals)
• Charcoal and graphite stick (B and 4B)
• Pencil sharpener (best: small battery or electric)
• White Eraser
• Set of “prismacolor” pencils or professional brand + Illustration Marker (Set)
• Black ink technical pens - fine, medium and heavy points (set or individuals)
• Metal or plastic triangles 30/60, 45, straight and adjustable (look for sets)
• 18" metal straight edge (ruler) for drawing long strokes
• 18” white onion skin paper (tracing paper)
• Cleaning brush
• Drafting tape or drafting dots
• Masking tape (1” wide)
NOTE: Bring what you already have. I recommend you wait to purchase
until you/we know of art sales and get coupons (i.e. Michael’s/Blick).
I will bring some of my tools and materials so I can show you and speaks
of brands, use, etc. We can wait on 3D tools like x-acto, metal edges,
cutting board, etc. However, 3D models go tandem with all topics of
Visualization and important for the field drawing and visual arts.